Committed to better energy, over 98,000 employees help throughout the world to provide the Group’s customers with products and services that are safer, more affordable, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to the greatest number of people.
Total puts Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) at the heart of its activities and conducts its operations according to the following principles of:
- protecting the safety and security of people and its facilities;
- limiting its environmental footprint;
- ensuring that its Code of Conduct is applied in its sphere of operations;
- incorporating the challenges of sustainable development in the exercise of its activities;
- increasing its local operations by placing dialogue with its stakeholders at the heart of its policy and contributing to the economic and
social development of the regions where the Group has operations with the objective of creating shared value;
- promoting equal opportunities and fostering diversity and cultural mix among its personnel.
Maatschap Europoort Terminal (MET), a joint venture between Mafina B.V. (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Total) and Ruhr Oel GmbH, is concerned primarily with the transhipment of crude oil and distribution of the oil via pipelines to refineries and other oil storage businesses at Europoort.
The 'Rotterdam Antwerpen Pipeline' (RAPL) in which Total has a 50% stake, transports crude oil from Rotterdam to Antwerp. The total amount of product transported is the equivalent of around 1,100 large tankers, shuttling continuously between the two terminals. The pipeline is a safe, environmentally sound and sustainable oil transport facility.